VEBS Privacy Statement
Because VEBS takes your privacy seriously, we do not share your personal information with unassociated third parties without your explicit consent. We have created this notice to explain how we collect, use, and protect the information that you provide when visiting our website. VEBS may amend this policy from time to time, so please check this page periodically to learn of any updates.
- Data Collection and Usage
- Aggregated Technical Information As websites often do, the VEBS site uses data collection devices that automatically collect certain technical information about visitors: their Internet Service Provider ( ISP ); browser and type of computer; other websites that linked them here; and the date and time of pages visited on the VEBS website. We use this information only to produce aggregated statistics that may help us improve the site’s usefulness. Except for members’ contact information and other data knowingly submitted by website visitors, VEBS does not collect or store personally identifiable information.
- Personally Identifiable Information At their option, website visitors may submit forms providing their names, mailing and e-mail addresses, and other personally identifiable information to register for training sessions, conferences, and conventions, as well as to request specified goods and services. VEBS uses the identifying information submitted on these forms solely in connection with the forms’ stated purposes and to update the union’s membership database.
- Cookies As websites often do, VEBS’s website must use “cookies” to recognize authorized members and facilitate their access to resources by eliminating the need to resubmit certain information previously provided. Cookies assign random IDs in the form of small text files stored on the hard drive of each logged-in member’s computer. Members who do not accept such cookies are unable to open accounts or access restricted information from the VEBS website.
- Special Notice Concerning Information about Children VEBS wants to help parents safeguard the privacy of their children and does not knowingly collect, use, or disseminate any personally identifiable information about minors. Please talk to your children about safe and responsible use of their personal information while using the Internet.
- Security VEBS strives to protect visitors’ information from loss, unauthorized alteration, and misuse. When visitors submit data through online forms, we secure the information using industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. We store personally identifiable information on servers kept in specially secured environments and authorize access solely by designated personnel who (1) we believe need such access to maintain the website or provide requested services or products; and (2) are instructed regarding VEBS’s privacy and security practices. In contrast to communication through online forms, e-mail is relatively unsecure. Even when you open new e-mail message forms from our website, do not submit what you want to keep private, such as social security or credit card numbers, or any financial or health-care information. Unless submitting VEBS’s secure online forms, you might want to convey private information by telephone or postal or commercial delivery.
- Outside Links This website contains hypertext links to sites maintained by other organizations. VEBS is not responsible for the content, privacy, or security of sites that are outside the VEBS.net domain. When linking to a web address that does not end with “VEBS.net,” visitors should read the separate policy and practice statements published on those sites.
- Updating Information
- Opting Out of Communication Lists Visitors who subscribe to e-mail lists or other communication services offered on VEBS’s website will receive periodic publications or notices by regular mail, fax or e-mail. You may opt out of receiving future information by using the unsubscribe procedure specified on a given communication.
- Correction of Personal Information Union members wanting to correct or update personal information should use the secure website membership form. Visitors wanting to correct other information should use the update form provided on the applicable web page. Anyone with related questions or concerns should contact: